- Online ad growth has returned to pre-2009 levels.
- Internet advertising grew 21.9% in 2011.
- Retail, financial services, travel, and media spending drove that growth.
- Internet ad spending overtook Cable TV ad spending in 2011 (though Cable TV makes money through fees, as well).
- Search spending is now more than double display spending.
- Performance-based advertising is taking over Internet ad-spending, taking share from CPM-spending for the past five years.
- Mobile advertising remains small, but it’s more than just a blip on the radar now.
- 71% of Internet ad revenues go to 10 top companies.
- For the past three years, more than half of Internet ad spending has come in the second half of the year.