Behavioral Targeting may be the most underused techniques today (compared to a/b testing, multi variable testing, usability studies, etc).
- People visit your site for different reasons (to purchase, educate on product, to just browse, by mistake, etc) and should not be treated the same
- Landing pages today have mutiple call to action and that leads to confusion and lowers the conversion rate
- What variables do you have?
- Where they came from (referring URL)?
- Location (country, state, city)
- Device (what technology are they using)
- Type of user (new, returning, etc)
- Campaign (if that’s how they got to your site)
- Search Keywords
- Customer Data
- Sex, age, etc –> if you have this data
- How do you use it?
- Insert dynamic keywords in landing pages
- Offer based on referring URL
- Discount for type of users (loyalty)
- Promote facebook integration
Tools: Visual Optimizer launched a tool for this.